An entry level mechanic performs diagnosis, inspection, and repair to all COAST diesel and gasoline powered vehicles under the supervision of the shift lead technician.
The position is 40 hours per week, 2nd shift (2:30pm-11:00pm). Benefits include Medical, Dental, Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage, and 4 weeks of Paid Time Off in the first year.
- Must have mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and understand repair manuals.
- Must possess basic standard hand tools required to perform job and be experienced in the use of these tools.
- Performs routine and scheduled preventative maintenance on COAST vehicles utilizing preventative maintenance inspection guidelines and bus operator reports.
- Repairs and or replaces diesel and gasoline engine accessories as may be required.
- Inspects vehicle and transportation equipment for the purpose of ensuring the availability of equipment is in safe operating condition.
- Preforms repairs on all COAST equipment including but not limited to dismount & mount tires, air conditioners, motors, transmissions, generators, starters, etc.
- Understand and exhibit shop safety/maintain work area in a safe, clean, and orderly condition.
LICENSE: Must possess or be able to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver's License with passenger endorsement and no air brake restriction. COAST will assist the right candidate with acquiring the proper licensing.
DOT MEDICAL CERTIFICATE: Must be able to obtain a valid DOT medical certificate, and maintain it as a condition of employment.
TOOLS: Must possess all standard hand tools required to perform job and be experienced in the use of these tools.
Job Type: Full-time
Starting Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 / hour depending on qualifications and experience