Operations Supervisors support Drivers and Vehicle Cleaners while consistently applying COAST policies, procedures, and practices. From conducting performance evaluations and responding to emergency situations, to monitoring employee timecards and conducting trainings, Supervisors take an active role in a wide variety of tasks and assignments and must be flexible in schedule and job duties.
Schedule: Typical hours are 2:30pm – 11:00pm, Monday through Friday, and on-call all day every third Saturday. Operations Supervisors are required to be flexible, and there are times the schedule may vary outside these hours.
Requirements: Applicants must possess a current CDL-A or CDL-B with Passenger endorsement and no air brake restriction and must be able to obtain a valid DOT medical certificate. In accordance with Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Drug and Alcohol regulations, positions in this job classification are considered safety-sensitive and are subject to drug testing, including random drug screens.
Compensation: Starting hourly wage is $25.11. This position also includes a generous benefits package.
- Choice of three affordable Medical plans through Anthem BlueCross BlueShield including prescription and vision benefits
- Dental insurance at no cost to employee (Single, 2-Person, or Family coverage)
- Paid Time Off (up to 26 days off in year one, with accrual rate increases each year of employment)
- SIMPLE IRA with employer match up to 3%
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Basic Life Insurance at no cost to employee
- DOT Medical Exams paid for by COAST
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Free use of the public transit system for you and three people of your choosing
Some critical characteristics of a successful applicant are:
- Self-Starter: someone who can confidently work independently, including finding answers for themselves from provided resources, and is confident to learn and try new things.
- Team Player: someone who thrives as part of a team, is dedicated to the team’s shared goals and responsibilities, and who recognizes all members of the team.
- Role-Model: someone who cultivates COAST’s values, leads others to do the same, and promotes COAST’s respectful workplace culture.
- Peacemaker: someone who reduces the stress levels of everyone around them, who acts in a way that reduces conflict and diffuses difficult situations.
- Coach/Mentor: Someone who is willing and able to provide constructive feedback, issue discipline when needed, and who will not shy away from direct communication.
- Trustworthy: someone who will maintain confidentiality, will not gossip nor condone gossip, and who will work in the best interest of the organization and its values.
- Calm: someone who can respond to incidents, collisions, and emergencies calmly and safely, both individually and as part of a team, and make decisions that ensure safety while maintaining good customer service.
- Flexible: someone who can tolerate their plans changing day-to-day, without it inducing high levels of stress, and can go with the flow based on what is needed each day.
- Humble: someone who can confidently supervise others without the need to assert their position. Someone who respects and can regularly do the work of those they supervise.
- Cheerful: someone whose disposition is generally cheerful and welcoming, and who enjoys interacting with others.
If you feel this posting describes you, please submit an application, cover letter, and resume by clicking on the "Apply Now" button. Please review the job description for essential functions, position responsibilities, and requirements.