Volunteer Driver Program
COAST has partnered with the City of Portsmouth to help Portsmouth seniors and adults with disabilities get free transportation to and from their healthcare appointments.
Help keep Portsmouth healthy by volunteering your time and your car to bring seniors and adults with disabilities to their medical appointments!
Volunteer when it's convenient for you - as often or as infrequently as you'd like. No long-term commitment required.
Receive $0.35 per mile while transporting passengers.
All Volunteers Must:
- Be at least 21 years old and have at least 5 years of safe driving experience.
- Have a reliable, clean vehicle.
- Have auto insurance with the following coverage minimums: Bodily Injury ($100,000 per individual, $300,000 per occurrence), Property Damage ($100,000 per occurrence), Medical Payments ($5,000), Uninsured/Underinsured Motorists Liability ($100,000 per individual, $300,000 per occurrence).
- Successfully complete a background check.
- Complete a volunteer orientation with COAST staff.
For more information, please contact:
volunteers [at] coastbus.org