Willand Warming Center
As of March 31, 2022 this service has been discontinued for the season.
For people traveling to the Willand Warming Center (Warming Center of Strafford County), COAST is a convenient option.
Starting on Monday, December 6 COAST will be operating a shuttle connecting downtown Dover and the Warming Center. Rides between these two points will be provided for free. The schedule will be as follows, Monday - Saturday:
- Morning departures from the Warming Center to the Dover Transportation Center (train station): 8:00am
- Evening departures from the Dover Transportation Center (train station) to the Warming Center: 5:30pm
- COAST Route 12N stop: NH 108 (Midway Buick)
- COAST Route 12S stop: NH 108 (Coastal Neurology)
- COAST Route 1N stop: High St. (Walmart)
- COAST Route 1S stop: High / Bernier Sts.
Every passenger boarding a COAST bus—except those riding the Warming Center Shuttle—are required to pay a fare. COAST provides free tickets to local shelter operators to distribute to those in need at their discretion. If you are in need of assistance with free travel to the Warming Center or Warming Center shuttle, please contact the Center directly.
For more information about the Willand Shelter, please contact Community Action Partnership of Strafford County.