Partnering with COAST
COAST's growth is based on partnering with our municipalities, state agencies, local businesses and area organizations to collaboratively work to bring new public transit services to the region and promote existing services.
Recent examples of successful partnerships that have allowed COAST to expand beyond our core services include the following:
- Portsmouth-Pease Trolley services (Rtes. 40/41) - a partnership between the City of Portsmouth, Pease Development Authority and COAST
- Expanded Dover services (Rte. 33) - a partnership between the City of Dover, Strafford County and COAST
- Expanded peak period service (Rtes. 2, 40/41) - a partnership between the NH Turnpike Authority, NHDOT and COAST.
- Clipper Connection services (Rtes. 100, 101, 103 and 41cc) - a partnership between the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard and COAST
- Parades, events, and festivals
- Regional emergency drills and first responder training
- We're On The Route joint marketing campaign - a partnership between over 80 local area businesses and service organizations and COAST
- Alliance for Community Transportation (ACT) - southeastern NH's regional transportation coordination council working to expand and improve community transportation services in the region.
- CommuteSMART Seacoast - the Greater Seacoast's transportation management association (TMA) dedicated to promoting sustainable commuting options such as carpooling, taking transit, bicycling, walking, and teleworking.