Bike Rack Information
- Every COAST bus is equipped with a bike rack capable of carrying two or three standard bicycles.
- Bikes with unusually fat tires do not fit on the bike rack.
- Rack space is available on a first-come, first-served basis only.
- If a bike is loaded with panniers, or other containers and materials, that may obstruct a bus driver's view or fly away, they must be removed prior to loading the bike in the rack.
- If the rack is full, you will not be able to bring your bike on board the bus.
- Customers are responsible for loading and unloading their bike into the bike rack, though the bus driver can verbally explain its operation if you have never used it before.
- Bicycles are not permitted to be locked to the rack on the front of the bus.
- When you arrive at your destination, please notify the bus driver that you will be getting your bike off the rack.
Bike Rack Demonstration
Although produced for MUNI in San Francisco, the video demonstrates the same bike rack used for COAST.